Sunday, January 13, 2008

Warm Necks


Jill's Christmas scarf: The pattern is Clapotis from Knitty. It turned out really well. I used this great green shade of Kraemer Yarns Fountain Hill Brushed Mohair, which turned out really well on the size 8 needles. It took a while and got a little repetitive, but it was worth it. The timing was a little late for Christmas, but you'll get that. And it's gorgeous!







Dave's Birthday Scarf:
This one is for my friend Dave's birthday, to match the hat that I made for him for Christmas. I am quite proud of my timing (his birthday is Jan 21, so I'll have plenty of time to mail it to him in Milwaukee by then). The scarf is a farrow rib, which I copied from the scarf Jill made for our Dad. It is really cozy and warm. The original pattern I was going to use, "My So-Called Scarf," just didn't work well with the yarn, even though I might still use it for something else. I'm happy the way this one turned out.
More photos of these on Ravelry, too.

1 comment:

Jill said...

My scarf is awesome and was totally worth the wait. I've already gotten compliments on it. I sent your package today, Molly. It should arrive in 4 to 5 days :) There is lots of extra goodies in it, so I hope its worth the wait too!