Monday, January 14, 2008

Tie-Dye Socks

Tie-Dye Socks
Pattern: Toe-Up Sock Formula from Knitty
Yarn: Knit One Crochet Too Wick, 2 skeins
Needle: US 4
Start: 12/28/07
Finish: 1/13/08
These turned out really cute... the yarn pooled (or chunked, as Molly says) like crazy, but I like how it looks - like it's tie-dyed. The yarn is soy/polypropolene blend (thus the name 'wick') and it is super warm. Good thing the yarn wicks, because my feet are toasty warm whenever I wear these socks (like right now).
These were my first toe-up socks, and boy were they easy. Toe-up socks are so much more straight-forward than top-down socks. And making that toe is kind of magical, too :) With the formula/pattern Knitty provides it is super easy to custom fit your sock for any size foot and yarn in any gauge. Plus, you can knit until you run out of yarn! No leftovers makes me VERY happy, cuz I'm kind of weird about leftovers. When I pay $15 for yarn to make a pair of socks, I want to use up every last bit!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey....love those socks! I've wanted to use a toe-up recipe for a long time, but I can never figure out the middle eastern wrap cast on. You've inspired me to take another look!

nwick said...

Can I order a pair? Size 10.