Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Mom Mittens

Pattern: Norwegian Mittens by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Knit Picks Telemark
Needles: US 4
Start: 11/30/07
Finish: 12/23/07

Happy New Year! This is the last of the Christmas knits... mittens for my mom. This was really my first stranded knitting project and I think they turned out quite lovely! I did make a simple fair isle hat about a year ago, but this was a tad more advanced. I did have a few problems in the beginning, but once I got a rhythm down and figured things out, it was smooth sailing. It is a bit more puckery than I would like, but most of that smoothed out with blocking. I like Elizabeth Zimmerman's patterns because the basics are there, but you still have to do some figuring out for yourself. I will definately be making another pair of these for myself.

No comments: