Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cream of Carrot









Yarn: Classic Elite Miracle, 2 skeins

Needles: US 8

Start: 12/26/07

Finish: 1/6/08


Another winner! I feel so lucky that I have been ending up with some awesome suff lately... you never know how things are going to turn out, but I love this scarf. Its very delicate and feminine, but in an organic, earthy sort of way. Kind of how I like to think of myself :)

This yarn is an alpaca/tencel blend, and it drapes just beautifully. It is incredibly soft, has a great sheen to it, and just a little halo. Its delicious. And the color is amazing. I don't think these photos capture the color in all its glory and I just don't know how to describe it. I guess you'll just have to come here to visit the scarf sometime.



P.S. I love scarves. I don't think I could ever have too many.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love it. I like scarves, but I have trouble continuing with the knitting. I guess I haven't found a pattern engaging enough. I worked a bit more on the KAL sweater, I think I'm making good progress. I'd like to get a good start because I'm just heading for about 5 family and friend birthdays starting next month. I'll post pics soon.

Molly said...

I have determined that at times, you can have a very "retro" sense of color. For example, that green scarf you made, the baby blanket, the brown and blue stripes, and this, too. I like it. I like it a lot.