Saturday, January 12, 2008

Boots

Ok. I must have these boots. They are from Anthropologie and are $268.00. Not gonna happen. I spent the entire morning traversing Huntsville in search of something similar... nothing to be found. So then I thought - Could I make them? I mean, they wouldn't be that hard, would they? Just like socks, but where do I get the soles? I looked online, and I couldn't find anything, but I'm not giving up yet. Any ideas? I am completely consumed with the idea and can think of little else right now. I am going to start swatching/trying out a pattern tonight... I am thinking about using a brown tweed yarn with a herringbone stitch. And then lining them with either fleece or flannel (ha! not the kitties!) to make them thicker and warmer. But will they stand up? I could use some of that, oh, whats it called? That stuff you iron onto the back of fabric to make it stiff? Anyway, that might work. I don't want them to be tight like socks are... Oooo, I think this might work if I can just figure out the soles. I'm going to check out the thrift store and see if there is anything I can reuse there - like maybe take apart some old boots and just use the soles? I'll have to figure out how to attach the knitted part to the sole, but I think I could just sew them. Or maybe have a shoe repair person attach them?

Ok, so much for getting any work done today. Knitting is much more important!

2 comments:

nwick said...

yea, and they will be real good for traipsing through snow.
Dad

Jill said...

what snow?