Friday, January 11, 2008

More Warm Heads!


Caroline's Hat:
This was made from my huge, annoying stash of Lion Brand Jiffy. It knit up in a night though, and turned out very warm and cute. No pattern, just figured it out myself. It was a request for some sort of patterned white hat, and I think she'll like it.






Will's Hat
This was another request--for just a really warm hat--from about a year ago that I finally got around to making. I believe it was well worth the wait since what I was knitting last year definitely wasn't this cute. I am really proud of the cables on this one, since I have seen hats like this a few times, but I just figured the pattern out myself without even looking at one while I did it. All from the noggin, and it worked out really well. I like the colors I chose from my narrowing selection a lot but I ran out of the gray yarn about two inches from the top and finished with a slightly different color (a little more shiny). You can see a little in the photo of me wearing it, but you can hardly see it at all in person. I gave it to him last night and he really seemed to like it!





Vicki's Hat
Lastly, I reproduced the exact hat that Jill made for me when she was visiting for Vicki so that she wouldn't steal mine. Since I was going to make the white hat for Caroline, I used mauve instead of white for the two narrowest stripes, which isn't quite as satisfying, but the spherocity of the hat is phenomenal on Vicki's head.

2 comments:

Jill said...

All cute. all bring out the spheriocity in the wearer's head. love spheriocity.

Jamie said...

Love all those hats! Your little hands have been very busy!