Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Winter Blues?

I like the shoes!! The sweater is cute, too... I think you just need a better shirt to wear under it... although I'm not sure what...keep trying! :) Not much new here.... I went on a date this past weekend that was really nice. We went and saw a live jazz band in this place called the Artists Quarter in St. Paul. Its in the basement and its just a little place with a circle bar in the middle and black walls and a small stage, and the jazz was really good. Dad would have liked it. As far as the guy, he's really nice and funny and easy to talk to, blah, blah, blah... I really like him, but I don't know. For some reason he seems to think he can't really go out on a date or hang out unless it is to drink, and he's had some bad luck with drinking lately, so he thinks its better to not do anything. Its kind of depressing. What else is depressing is the fact that the news tells me that we will have 60 consecutive hours of sub-zero temperatures this weekend. This time last year I was swimming in the ocean at midday and midnight and watching the southern cross migrate across the sky.

I'd love to come there for my spring break, which is by the way, March 10 - 18. But only if we do something exciting. How busy will you be then? Because I hate to say it, but Huntsville just doesn't attract me very much. But first, I need to figure out how I'd pay for a ticket there. There are also this trip through the Center for Outdoor Adventure (like the Everglades one) to Okefenokee in Georgia-- two days backpacking Cumberland Island and three days paddling. $325 for everything... I was thinking about doing that, too. We'll see.

So here's my new bulletin board... and the scarf I am making out of yellow yarn and the kool-aide dyed yarn you gave me. Its going slow because I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it and ended up starting over a good way into it like four times. But I think I've got it down now and I like it so I want it to be done...

As far as my big decision... The biggest problem is, I know what I have to do, and I know that right now I am ok with it, because I'm making new friends and enjoying my geology classes and job...its all very new and novel. But I also know that no matter how much I get to travel this spring and summer (which is actually a lot, I know) I will still have to spend all winter here next year. I will need a change of scene and I'll get sick of this job and these people and want something else. I know I will wish I went if I don't go. And I hate that feeling, but how could I leave and risk losing everything I'm establishing here now? Arg. I'm looking at it like a lose-lose situation, when it really should be a win-win situation.

But I have a feeling that I will have to deal with this type of dilhemma for the rest of my life just because of how I am.

No comments: