Monday, August 13, 2007

Getting Out

I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow to visit a friend that just moved there. Its been a long time since I've been to Chicago and I'm super excited! Any suggestions for (cheap) things to do there?

I've been slowly working on a few projects: Carolyn from Knitty, the scarf for my aunt, and a couple secret projects, but I'll give you a glimpse of them! See you in a week!
Oh yeah, my Sock Pal, Meredith, received her socks! And they fit! And she likes them! Unfortunately, I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm checking the mail every day... Sock pal, are you out there?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

There are all the museums....frank lloyd wright, etc. Also, some good knitting stores, just to visit, not to buy yarn. Chix with stix is a great one, and acadia yarn co....I just googled yarn stores in chicago before I left. Also, if you have a little money to spend, kane and I took a cooking class in N. chicago for about $50-60 per person...you learn how to make the meal and then you eat it. We figured that by the time we went to a restaurant, we'd have spent almost the same amount. www.woodenspoonchicago.com
It was lots of fun. I'm not sure if this helps....but have tons of fun. I love chicago.

Unknown said...

hello jill,
you haven't been forgotten. your socks will be sent out soon. life is hectic as all get out and i haven't been able to spend as much time putting your package together as i would have liked. please don't fret or feel you have been forgotten. i apologize profusely and really appreciate your patience.