Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Your photos are amazing. I am so sick of being cooped up in this city. Heat and Pavement do not do well together.
So finishing the skirt made me motivated and I felt the need to do some more knitting. But being dirt poor I have to make do with what I've already got, which is of course a vast assortment of yarns in all colors, sizes, textures, etc. Yay. What to make? Well Brian's birthday is September 3rd, and I wanted to knit him something, but I have to do with the yarn I've got. So I decided to go with a patchwork blanket. So far it's looking really good and I'm pretty excited about it. I am using the loose color scheme of browns, golds, blues, and greens since these are most common in my yarn collection. I'm just sewing the patches together with orange yarn, and then I think I'm going to put a 2 or 3 inch border around the outside in a color undetermined as of yet (ideas?). For just having worked on it one weekend, I feel very accomplished so far. But I haven't woven all the ends of the patches in yet, which will be loads of fun at the end....

Have you guys read any Barbara Kingsolver? Probably have at least heard of Poisonwood Bible? Well if you have time to check out her two books of essays, High Tide In Tuscon, or Small Wonder, you should. They are amazing.


Oh, and I chopped all my hair off. Check it out.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Dude - I love the blanket! It looks awesome. and double dude - love your hair. we're gonna look like twins. i got my hair cut again & it looks just like that, except no bangs.

Jamie said...

Molly,
loving the blanket, those are my favorite colors....I've been thinking of doing a project linus blanket with simliar colors. And the hair....I'm so jealous of your ability to wear short hair so cute! If I did that I'd have a huge 'fro (Bill could probably show you some scha-weet pictures of me from middle school with my HUGE, FAT short hair). I get my hair cut once per year (at a salon, I do all the other trims) and the stylists are always encouraging me to chop and have a "style". But when I ask them if I have to do stuff with it, they say "yes" and I decide that I can't get up any earlier.=)

Molly said...

Thanks, guys... by the way, Jill, notice some nice blue and purple squares in there? too bad the lavender ones don't exactly match, there were three of those leftover.