Monday, August 6, 2007

What I've been up to...



This weekend we went on a backpacking trip to the Desolation Wilderness area west of Lake Tahoe. It is a really beautiful area with over 100 alpine lakes full of fish. We did some fly fishing and I caught one, Kane-0. But he did try really hard and the camping was great. Jill, I can't wait for you and Bill to come visit, this is definitely a place I want to share with you guys. Even just for a day hike.

I haven't posted for awhile because I haven't really had much to talk about. I did finish some projects last week, namely a baby blanket for my cousin. It's based on the ballband washrag pattern. It's Brown Sheep wool bulky and it moved fairly fast.

And a close-up:



And Molly, you've really motivated me to get the skirt off the needles. I even took it backpacking.....Kane was nice enough to carry it in his pack for me!



I'm hoping to have a completed photo for you both no later than next week. Hope you both are doing well and tell Frazier it took me like 5 years to get my roll and I still prefer flat water! =)
Hugs!

1 comment:

Jill said...

The water in those pictures looks so enticing... I miss water so much living here. There is not place like Wisconsin (and Minnesota) as far as gorgeous, cold lakes go. And I do love the rivers too, as long as there is a place to swim! So, I can't wait to come visit, too.

I love the baby blanket. What a good idea - that ball band pattern is so addictive.