Saturday, August 11, 2007

Finito!

Yo girls!

I'm finally caught up....what are we going to K-A-L next?

The big unveiling:




No glamour shots here, but I do plan on taking this bad boy out for a day of fun tomorrow, maybe I'll get some action shots to post the skirt in public! I tried every way possible to remove the kitten from the picture, but Flannel would have nothing of it. I'm sure he's felt neglected this week.

It's so interesting to me that all three versions turned out differently. I'm sure one variation has to do with Rowan Summer Tweed vs. Jaeger trinity.....Jaeger has a finer gauge, but also I think I've discovered that my gauge loosens as I knit. Something I'll have to be aware of! But nonetheless, I LOVE the skirt and I'm glad you both invited me on this knit along, I don't think I would have ever decided to make a skirt otherwise!

I promise to post some pics of the skirt in San Francisco....unless it's too cold!
Have a good weekend... must get some sleep, I'm delirious.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It looks fabulous, Jamie! Some how, it looks like yours turned out longer than mine, but it looks like it fits great. Mine is stretching A LOT. It makes me sad, because it looks kinda crappy now. But, I am going to bring it home with me b/c my mom has an idea of how to fix it or something... I hope it works!