Friday, August 3, 2007

YAY! It turned out really actually. The waist is huge but with the drawstring it's pretty close to perfect. The first half turned out to be really wide, so I did the second half a lot narrower and I was afraid it wouldn't really work and I'd have to start all over, but it was pretty perfect. I didn't use the ribbon at all. For the lace part I just put a couple rows of straight stitch which looks fine, and for the top I used 6 lines of yarn which was leftover, knotted at the ends, for the drawstring, which I think looks really nice. Yay! I was also afraid that the stitch was going to be too loose and I'd have to line it but I think it turned out ok. Definitely have to be careful which underwear I'll wear with it though. In a couple of the pictures you can check out, for your viewing pleasure, my gorgeous support hose. Ugh.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Molly,
It looks great! I love the color....I'm getting close to finishing mine, I've had tons of distractions. At least it's finished before the end of summer (which is my goal!)
Take care,
Jamie

Jill said...

1. It looks great - it fits you perfectly! I can't wait for us to be able to wear them together :)

2. I love how you used the yarn as a tie. I'm not a fan of the ribbon tie on mine, but I don't have any yarn left over. Oh well...

3. Nice farmer's tan. (Don't worry, I have one too.)