Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Progress...


Here is Molly's progress on the first lace panel of the skirt. It has been a bit frustrating, and not as easy as I first said. I think this is her third (?) try. I am on my second. Once you get the hang of the pattern, it goes okay but it has taken us a while to get the hang of it. I think this is common with lace patterns, at least in my very limited experience knitting lace. I think it looks fabulous, though! I love the texture of the yarn. She is working on the second panel now (there is 3 for each side of the skirt).
I got an email back from Kat Coyle, the designer, and she said to just adjust the decreases so the hip part is about 1 inch larger than your hips. (So if your hips are 39", then you would make the hip part of each panel 20", for a total of 40" around the hips). Then just follow the pattern for the waist shaping and it should all work out. I think that seems easy enough, but we'll see as we go along. I am trying to finish my socks before I start working on this one. I did work on it last night at knit club and thats where I messed up and had to rip out and start over. Its too hard to concentrate when everyone is talking. Since Molly was there, we took a picture of our knit club last night. (I'm holding Molly's knitting while she is taking the pictures. Hers was more interesting than mine.) Anyway, can't wait to see the yarn you picked out!

No comments: