Sunday, March 11, 2007

Our Very Own Knit Along!

Dear Jamie,
We wanted to write to keep you posted on our adventures in the south. Nothing too exciting yet...
Lots of Elvi in Nashville


You really aren't missing much, we didn't find anything that great in Nashville, although we did go to a yarn store - and neither of us bought ANYTHING! We did a little thrift-store shopping and got a few good deals, but thats it!

The whitewater festival was a bit of a drag. Not nearly as exciting as we had hoped. The playhole was lame, even from a laywoman's point of view, such as myself. Molly did get hit on twice, though, so that was pretty neat.


However, we have decided to do a little knit along of our own, and we want you to join if you're interested. We are going to make the 'laces and bows skirt' from the Knit Cafe book. It you don't have the book and don't want to buy it, I can copy the pattern and send it to you. There is a bunch of information about the skirt here (she refers to it as the daktari skirt). Since she had problems with the suggested yarn, we decided to try one of the substitutes she listed - we are using Jaeger trinity (its cheaper too). Molly chose a green color and mine is light blue.

Sooo.. if you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the pattern. Talk to you soon! ~Jill & Molly

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oooooh, I love it and I'd love to do a KAL....I've never done one before. I would appreciate a copy of the pattern, but you can give it to Bill to scan and email to me. That worked well with the entrelac instructions. I'll look for the yarn today, I have some things I need to order for my mom anyway. Hope you all are having a wonderful time.....post soon!