Tuesday, March 13, 2007

KAL


Hi girls,

Sounds like you are having a nice break and visit together. I got my yarn today, and I'm working on my gauge swatch right now as I type. I ended up getting the Rowan summer tweed, 70% silk, 30% cotton. I chose a denim-y tweed that will be nice for summer. I looked at various others, considered the Manos cotton stria, which was nice, but reminded me of a washcloth. So, it would probably be comfortable, but I couldn't imagine a washcloth and lace combination.

I tried a 6 and my gauge was loose, so I changed to the 5 and so far, it looks dead on. I'm glad the designer got back so quickly about the pattern shaping. I made a note of that. Tonight is going to be a good night to start, as Kane is working his last night at ski patrol. This certainly doesn't seem like a project I will be able to do with an audience, so I'm going to leave this home for my knit group. Which reminds me, what a nice knit group you have. They all look so friendly and young. I'm not sure if Bill told you about my knit group experience, but it was interesting to say the least. They were a bit stand-offish, asking tons of questions about where I get my yarn, telling me that they hate the owner of the yarn shop I visit frequently.... Nevertheless, I 'm going to give it one more chance. One of the nicer ladies said that a lot of the members were out the night I visited, so maybe I can sit away from the negative people. Anyhoo, I must get knitting. My first attempt at lace.....very scary..... ~Jamie

No comments: