Sunday, March 4, 2007

New finished project



Here is a picture of my first sweater and a hat to match. This was a gift for a good friend of mine having a baby next month. The sweater ended up being a little bigger than I wanted, but happily, babies grow! I learned how to do matress stitch with this project so it was well worth it. The pattern for the sweater was from Mason Dixon knitting and the hat pattern was from a workshop I took in October. Hope you both are doing well and that you have a smashing time next week at the beach....I'm expecting a lot of relaxation and knitting from you two! Also, don't forget the sunscreen. =)

1 comment:

Jill said...

That is adorable! Its fine that it turned out bigger. My mom always tells me to give clothes for when they get a little bigger because everyone gives little baby clothes & they grow so fast, so in a few months baby has no clothes to wear!
It turned out great. I want to make one now - but I have no babies...