Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pattern Adjustments

Hi girls! I have started working on the stockinette part of my skirt. Last night I tried to figure out how to adjust the decreases so that the skirt will fit me. So, here is what I am going to do:
I followed the pattern up until the heading "All sizes:" on the second column of the second page. I didn't change the first paragraph (Rows 62-67) at all. But in place of the second paragraph, I am going to do this:
Work 11 rows even
Decrease row (k1, ssk, k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1)
Repeat these 12 rows 5 times
Work 6 rows even (101 sts remain).

I added the 6 even rows to keep the lenght correct, but if either of you wanted to shorten the skirt at all, you could omit those 6 rows. If my gauge is correct, 101 sts should equate to about 19". From this point I am just going to wing it to make it fit my waist. I am most worried about it fitting my hips. I hope this helps!

Here is a picture of my finished honeymoon cami and a baby hat I made for Afghans for Afghans. I am trying to use up some of my leftovers, so I am making some stuff for charity. They need infant hats and other childrens warm stuff right now (hats, mittens, socks, etc.).


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Jill, thanks for the info. I just am at the last lace repeat (I've been working on that stupid hat for my friend we're seeing next week....it's so easy, I used the recommended yarn, had correct gauge, but it still seems too short and loose at the bottom-I even did rib in a smaller needle. I'm in the process of considering ripping one more time!). But anyway, I've printed your recommendations. I'm taking the skirt on vacation with me next week, and I know I'll be at the stockinette part soon. If I have any major issues, I may call you. I'm going to remeasure my hips, b/c that's the area I'm most concerned with as well. Happy knitting