Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lace Leaf Pullover

Pattern: Lace Leaf Pullover by Teva Durham
Source: Loop-d-Loop
Yarn: Valley Yarns Berkshire Bulky (6 skeins)
Needle: US 13
This was the first Christmas project that I completed. It is supposed to be knit in two pieces in the round... knit the bottom half and then the top half and then graft them together. This is because there is supposed to be a leaf motif near the bottom of the sweater and you knit it this way to keep both of the leaf motifs pointing toward the middle of the sweater. Well, I tried this, but my grafting looked like crap, so I decided to just leave off the leaves on the bottom and knit it in one piece. It is a bit short, so I am going to make it longer for Molly, but otherwise I am very happy with it. I hope Molly likes it as much as I do!

There are lots more Christmas knits, but I will do them one at a time so its not too much of an overload...


No comments: