Tuesday, December 11, 2007

First Snow!



Hey girls.

Well, it happened. Finally. After a questionable year of snow last year and drought for the summer......we....got.....24 inches! I realize this is a shot in the bucket for you two Great-Lakers, but for a Mountain state girl like me, to get 24 inches of snow that actually sticks for 4 months is a pretty big deal.

We had two good days of skiing, and wanted to go back Monday but could barely walk. So we rested and I finished knitting these hats for Kane's sister. She lives in Vermont and it's been ~10 degrees over the last few weeks or so. Again, I know, normal winter weather for you 'Sconsin girls....but it's a big shock for her.



More malabrigo worsted....this stuff is like crack! The same pattern, too. I pretty much have the recipe memorized now.

Hope you both are doing well. And Jill, I meant to tell you that Kane and I thought the freestyle gingerbread looks just like the cabin we want to live in some day!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Jamie - that picture is gorgeous! It looks heavenly and now, even though it is 70 degrees here, I am really missing winter. The hats look really great. I love that pattern.
Cheryl made that log cabin - she dubbed it a bed and breakfast. I want to live there too!

Molly said...

Your winter photo is definitely more pretty than mine! Gorgeous, I'd say as well. I wish it were 70 here!