Monday, February 12, 2007

Bird Nerd

Ovenbird. My favorite. Have you ever seen a bird with more personality?


Northern Flicker. It is absolutely beautiful, don't you think? The yellow coloration on its wings comes from what it eats. Birds from the west have redish/pink wings & birds from the east have yellow wings. Interesting, huh?



These pictures were taken last fall at a bird banding station that was run by one of the other grad students in my department. They caught a ton of birds migrating south for the winter. A friend and I went one day to help out, and these were pictures he took.




And I present to you the entrlac scarf:


2 comments:

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

Wow, that scarf is gorgeous. I'm glad you made it long, because it looks really cozy and soft and warm.... I'm jealous. Your patience with it definitely paid off I think. I haven't even picked up the yellow and blue one lately.... And the northern flicker, same deal... wow.