Saturday, July 26, 2008

This and that

Here's the blanket progress so far:


My mom and I were hard at work when I was home to visit last weekend. I think we have ~30 squares at this point, we're almost halfway.

Here's the proposed layout, minus the kitten and plus more squares:


I've also been knitting with a group a little. Last night we had a fun time knitting, talking, drinking wine and even some dancing.


Lesley (on the left) just finished her first hat, and Sulema (right) just learned to knit last night and picked it up really fast.

Dora, our hostess, working on her Burning Man scarf. Apparently, Burning Man is all about the fur.

A fun time was had by all, and since I've started a couple of folks with knitting, I've decided to apply for a knitting instructor job at Western Nevada College. I think I have the job if the scheduling works out and I figured that it would make me a much better knitter (at least that was true when I was a snowboard instructor).

Anyhow, I may be contacting you guys for pointers on subjects to cover as well as suggestions on projects, beginner books and yarn. I have to write a syllabus and everything!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm SO glad you found some knitting girls. that is very important!
The blanket looks like its really coming along - I like the colors.

Molly said...

i like the blanket a lot, too! I like the different textures. Who is it for?