Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One wedding gift down...




One of my best friends in the whole world got married a couple weeks ago. We were college roommates for three years and have shared many incredible times. I love her dearly, miss her tremendously, and wanted to wish her and her new husband the best of the best... so naturally, I figured the best way to do this was with a handmade gift.
I made them this picnic blanket... It is patchwork on the outer ring, linen in the center, and the backing is a vintage sheet I found at the thrift store. I embroidered some little ants carrying away a cherry on the front and made a patch for the back with their names and wedding date. I had SO MUCH FUN making this... especially the embroidery. I did it all free hand, which was something I hadn't done before. I am in love with the way this turned out... I have to admit that when I took this to the park for the photo shoot, I layed down for a bit with a book. I so want one for myself. I am really smitten with picnics lately. Anyway, I found a nice ol' picnic basket at the thrift store and got them a copy of The Notebook; kinda cheesy, but a great love story nonetheless. I hope they'll spend a couple Sunday afternoons in the park reading to each other.

No comments: