Sunday, July 13, 2008

One baby gift down...


Pattern: Helena
Source: Knitty Summer 2008
Yarn: Baby Bee Sweet Delight
Needles: US 6 & 3
Start: July 2, 2008
Finish: July 11, 2008
This sweater is for my friend Kelly's baby. She's due any day now, so I got it finished just in time! Hopefully I'll get it sent before the baby comes. This was the most indecisive knitting project ever. It stared as EZ's February Baby Sweater, but I just couldn't get that lace pattern to work for me. Then it turned into Angle, which reminded me too much of a dishcloth. And I was going to run out of yarn. So then I tried another pattern, a cardigan with garter stitch stripes. Nope, still not working for me. So finally, I just started with some new yarn and whipped this one out. I love it. Its perfect. So girly!
There really isn't much to say: the pattern was well written and easy to follow, the lace pattern was easy to remember. It was quick. I made my first picot edging. It was lots of fun.
I immedietly started on another baby sweater; this one for another friend (from my knitting group in Huntsville) who is expecting a boy at the end of August. I am making a little baseball tee in turquoise and blue. And then, I found out another friend is expecting... It appears to be never ending! However, I do like knitting for other people and I like giving handmade gifts, so its all good. And I'm lucky enough to have friends that really appreciate my work :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is so pretty! It almost makes me want to have a baby so you can knit it something... but not really :) Can't wait to see you this weekend!