Saturday, September 22, 2007

Welcome, Autumn!

I love putting on socks for the first time every fall. And its even better when they are handknit ones! Fall is in the air - even though it is still 85 here in 'bama, the air is a little crisper, and the breeze blows a little more often. It doesn't take much to get me in the mood for fall... it is my favorite season. I took this picture a couple days ago when it was actually cool enough to justify socks, but I have to tell you. The dead leaves? They're from the draught - the tree in my front yard is dying.

I finished up my spring greenie scarf:

Pattern: Midwest Moonlight, but Leigh Radford

Source: Scarf Style
Yarn: Jaeger Monte Cristo, from the thrift store

I like it - the yarn is perfect for the pattern and I love how it feels and how it drapes. But the color? I'm still working on liking it. I have a brown leather jacket that I think it will look really nice with.

To welcome in autumn, I am starting on a fallish pair of socks, and I made venison stew for dinner. It doesn't get more autumn than that. Now, if only it wasn't so hot outside!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I really like the green scarf-- I don't know how true the picture's color is but I'd definitely wear it. I think it is a good color to wear with brown-- like if you use that as a shot of brightness with a neutral or dark-colored outfit. Good work!