Sunday, September 2, 2007

Soft and Squishy Baby Bolero


Pattern: Baby Bolero by Leigh Radford
Source: One Skein
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton (1 skein)
Needles: #8 & #9
Start: 8/31/07
Finish: 9/2/07
Another incredibly quick knit... I knit this up in three days. And boy, is it cute! And tiny! It is going, along with the little booties, to a high school friend who is expecting her first baby (and the first baby in our group of friends!) in October. The shower is this Saturday, which unfortunately I can't attend, but I sent it along with another friend. The back has a little motif that, according to Eastern folklore, brings protection to the wearer.


Now, about this yarn! It is amazingly soft, squishy, smooshy, and yummy. I have never use it before and I was pleasantly suprised. Usually cottons aren't all that soft. The only problem is that is isn't machine washable, which makes it not very practical for baby wear. But I do love this little sweater - I think I will be making more of these as the babies start appearing!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I totally concur with your statement about BSA cotton. That's what I made my friend's baby kimono and hat out of. I wanted to make myself one!
I'm in San Fran for the weekend and I'm going to the artfibers ends and factory tomorrow. I'm soooo excited!