Thursday, September 13, 2007

All Yarn Still Intact

Thankfully, the burglar didn't have a taste for yarn, so all my yarn and yarn paraphernalia are still intact. Last night I finished up this hat that I have been working on for a while:

The yarn is Rowan Felted Tweed and I got the idea from a pattern in the book The Yarn Girl's Guide to Beyond the Basics, but I didn't really follow the pattern. It has a hemmed edge, which is tres chic :) I have lots of yarn left over, so I will be able to make more hats with this yummy yarn. Tweed is so fallish and I love it! It seems like around this time every year I get the itch to make hats. I have been seeing all kinds of cute hat patterns lately - cabled hats, lace hats, striped hats, berets... I want to make them all. But see, here in Alabama, I rarely ever need a hat, yet, I already have 3, no 4, hats. Oh well, some day I will move somewhere very cold where I will need many hats. Until then, they will sulk in my drawer with my ever growing collection scarves.


Oooh, speaking of scarves. I started a kinda fun, funky scarf a couple weeks ago, but it was sidelined for the aforementioned hat.
I'm not really sure who this is for. I'm not really a bright color person, but I do kind of like the funkiness of it. The pattern is Midwest Moonlight from the book Scarf Style and the yarn is Jaeger Monte Cristo. I got this yarn at the thrift store a while back and it has been sitting in my stash while I wondered what I could possible do with bright green cotton yarn. I saw this pattern and it just seemed to fit. What do you think?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love the scarf...I'm all about bright green. It always makes me think of green grass, trees, rivers, etc. It's a cool stitch pattern too. I'm very jealous of the knitting you been doing, I'm working MORE THAN full time this week and over the next two weeks =(
We're headed to Yosemite this weekend, so I'll try to take some pics and I should have some time for knitting.