Sunday, September 2, 2007

Liesel

So you're probably wondering if I did any knitting on vacation, right? I finished the socks for my dad on the drive up. And one afternoon at home, I finished the scarf for my aunt:


Pattern: Liesel by Mary Joy Gumayagay

Yarn: Classic Elite Renaissance, 2 skeins

Needle: #8

Start: 7/14/07

Finish: 8/23/07

This was a really easy and fun scarf to knit. It went fairly fast, and even faster because I didn't make it very long. I didn't memorize the pattern, but since it was so small, I didn't really mess up much at all. I love how this yarn and the pattern mix so well... I wasn't sure about using a variagated yarn with this pattern, I always tend to question using variagated yarns and patterns because a lot of times they seem to fight with each other. But this time they don't, do they?


So, I've got my first Christmas gift finished and it's only September... pretty good, eh? Well, I know that this fall is going to be crazy at school, so I wanted to get an early start. I'm almost through with a second Christmas gift as well, but then that will be it for a while.


Are you gals planning any Christmas knitting?

1 comment:

Molly said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. I can't wait for Christmas, now! Although I have no plans whatsoever for gifts yet. Are you crazy?