Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What I've been up to...







Can you tell I like pictures??? The top one is of part of our group from Relay for Life, which we did a few weeks ago with a friend of mine that is a cancer survivor (unfortunately, he's not in the photo). We made those shirts, though... we cut out stencils from cereal box cardboard and then spray painted them. Pretty nice, huh? My big project right now is the boxer shorts you can see in the picture - I'm making mine green... almost done with the first panel. The socks are for Sockapalooza4 - I'm not sure about them... What do you think? My sock pal said she doesn't want anything too girly or lacy. I guess they're pretty girly, although not too lacy. Should I try a different pattern? The yarn in the next picture is dyed with hibisucs flowers I got at the natural food store (for tea) and turned out a kind of purply color. I like it! And the bottom ... summer food - I love it! Veggie pasta salad and rice pudding. I don't know if rice pudding is really a summer food, but I always seem to make it in the summer. Its sooo YUMMY!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Awesome pictures. Thanks for the update. Bill told me about the relay for life, but never sent me an email so I could donate! That brother of mine! I think the shirts are nice, what does team zoo mean?
Those socks are awesome, and I think your sockapalooza pal should be thrilled to get them. I would appreciate the knitterly awesomeness of the pattern, but that's me and I don't like girly things either...so I wouldn't change a thing. Enjoy your summer eats...I'll be thinking of yummy food when I'm in the car eating potato chips and gatorade (yuck!)...we're getting ready for our 40-hour trek across the country...the name of our blog is more appropriate than ever! The car time should translate to a lot of skirt knitting time. It's always nice to see your faces, even if its just on the blog. I always miss you guys, but the pictures make me feel better.
Love, Jamie