Tuesday, May 1, 2007

This and that....

Hi girls,

First, I must say that I'm thinking about your recovery, Molly. I hope they get this thing figured out. I'm sending healing vibes your way. I'm also sending you a little something to keep you from being bored to death.

Jill, the naturally dyed yarns kick ass! Those colors are beautiful. I loved the bankhead gang picture. It's so nice to see my brother every now and then. It makes me realize how much I miss him.

Here's what I've been up to: I heard from the Reno job and it's a no-go. They said something like "we liked you, but we've decided on someone else"...oh well, what are you going to do? I did get offered another part time job, 2 days per week for a little more money than the other part-time positions. I'm probably going to end up taking 2 PT jobs and then checking into the knitting store to see if they need any help. I'll even work for yarn.

This weekend we went home to visit some friends and family. Here is my friend's new baby girl, Carly, sporting her new Lorna's Laces booties, knit by yours truly.

We also have some new members of our family. My grandma has a stray cat she adopted. This adopted cat came with some cargo on board and had 4 brand new babies about 7 weeks ago. My family found homes for 2 of the 4 and Kane and I invited 2 to come live with us. They are really sweet and keep each other company. They did well during the 4 hour drive from Philippi to Martinsburg, so I'm feeling positive about the drive out west.

Flannel is on the left, Fleece is on the right. They are very entertaining and keep us very busy.

This weekend we are going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I'm really excited about it and I should have lots of pictures to share. I'm going to try drop spindle spinning at the Fest, maybe I'll come home with a new hobby.

Love,
Jamie

2 comments:

Molly said...

Jaime, I love the names Fleece & Flannel for those adorable little kitties! I've been doin ok... I'm lookin at two weeks in here by the time I get out, which they say is in 3-5 days.... The last thing they were trying didn't work so they are putting me on a different medecine, but they have to make sure it has fully kicked-in before they let me outta here. I worked on the skirt last night and ended up moving backwards instead of forwards since I haven't worked on it so long and I'm still on the lace, which is frustrating, but at least it gives me something to do! That is too bad about the job not working out, but I'm sure that ANY knitting store would love to have you, so at least you do have that!! And I'm sure something else in your field will work out too...

Jill said...

I was reading about the Maryland sheep & wool festival. I am jealous. take pictures of all the pretty yarns...

Sorry to hear about the job, but I'm sure something will work out. It always does. Who knows, maybe the part time job will turn into full time or something. And working in a yarn store will be excellent experience for when we have our own someday... so really, that is a great career move!