Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Back to sewing...

I have recently been inspired to start sewing again and to try embroidery, mostly spurred on by the discovery of SouleMama's blog and this and this. Well, anyway, it got me sewing again today. I pretty much just took the day off and played all day. My friend Cheryl came over and played sewing with me for a while too.










A simple skirt (pattern is Simplicity #7229) and an linen embroidered hand towel I made for part of my Mother's Day gift for my mom.

....my skirt is finished and blocking. More on that tomorrow.


P.S. Mol, I am working on a dishcloth in that picture you were asking about. Its a ball band dishcloth that is all the rage on Mason Dixon. They're pretty fun to make.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Man, you are talented! I love both the skirt and handtowels. They look so professional.

About the skirt.....was it scary to finish???? I'm just getting ready to start stockinette on mine tonight at knit group. It's pretty mindless, so I'm hoping a good 2-3 hours of knitting and gabbing and sipping Lattes will help me knock out some stitches.

I may call you if I have questions......