Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sew Storm

I haven't been doing much knitting lately, but I have been sewing up a storm. Sewing is nice because it is more of an instant gratification. As an American, I love instant gratification. I have got a ton of ideas and am getting comfortable with the sewing machine. A couple people have told me I should try to sell my things, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet, although I am considering it.


The camera pouch I made for carrying my small camera around in the field with me. I needed something small and light weight but kind of protective. I put batting inbetween the two layers for more padding. The drawstring bag was part of a mother's day gift, the skirt is the same pattern as my last skirt, but I made this one a little longer and I absolutely love it. I also love the little tote bag, it is perfect for carrying a little knitting project, like socks or something. It was so simple and easy to make. And I discovered an awesome sale on drapery fabric (which is perfect b/c it makes it a little stiffer) - I could probably make 4 of these for less than a dollar. If either of you girls want one, I'll make you one. And then, last but not least is the sole knitting project of the group - the dishcloths. They are amazingly addictive (and fast) to knit.

But now I am heading out to the field, where there is no sewing machine. I will knit though-I am working on a pair of boxer shorts from the book Greetings a Knit Cafe. We also have plans for more yarn dyeing and I have to get a start on my Sockapalooza4 socks. And I have plans for a really cool table runner and matching linen napkins (okay, its a sewing project) for a friend of mine thats getting married in a few weeks. I am going to embroider the napkins, so I will work on that before I start sewing.
So, see you when I get back! Hey, Molly, I know you've made lots of progress on your skirt, so lets see it!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Of course I want a bag! Great stuff Jill. I hope you had a nice birthday. I am hoping to get a chance to post sometime this century, I have tons of MD sheep and wool shots to share, but my camera is at the in-laws until this weekend (I forgot it). I also want to share my baby blanket that is almost finshed and socks (also almost finished) and the progress on my skirt. Hope you both are doing well.
Life is nuts right now....packing, etc, with a deadline of may 25th! Yikes!