Thursday, April 12, 2007

No Promises, but....

Since my panels look just the same as they did the last time I was down in the dirty south, I haven't had much to post but I just figured out some exciting news that is worth even more than our three knit skirts if it is true....

I CAN GRADUATE in SPRING 2008! (probably)

under the following conditions that is:
*I don't fail to complete my classes this semester because of any measly blood clots
*I'm not being a moron and completely overlooking something important that would stop me from graduating.

All I have to do is take a May Term class that works really well with my summer schedule, called America's Diverse Cultures, then next semester take 17 credits of calculus plus Earth Systems, Glacial Geology, Geodynamics II, and Structural geology. And then, for my last semester I'll be busy with 18 credits of Chemistry II, Sedimentology & Stratigraphy, Geochronology & History of the Earth, and then a "cognate science" such as soils, limnology, or GIS, and a 4-credit elective, possibly Vertebrate Paleontology or some sort of independent research project with the lab I'm working in.

Whooohoo! That's so do-able, and then I can .... uh, who knows but I'll figure that out later.

Its refreshing since I've spent the last year thinking I would still be here until the cold and blustery winter of 2008. Just the motivation I need to get on top of all this missed work (that as you can see I am doing so faithfully at this moment) ... ok so now on to that...

2 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like a lot of work, dude. But if you're motivated, you can do it. Hopefully those pesky blood clots will stop. Good luck! If all goes well, we'll both be graduating at the same time - so our plans for the graduation trip to Ireland will fall perfectly into place!

Jamie said...

Molly,
Sounds like a marathon, but for someone who has been through what you've just experienced, I'm sure that you'll be fine. I haven't posted about my skirt either, because it looks about the same too. I worked on it some this weekend and had to rip rows of lace out about 4 times. Hope you both are doing well.