Monday, April 2, 2007

Everyones Back!

I'm glad to have everyone back! Jamie - Utah looks beautiful, even if there wasn't a lot of snow. It sounds like you had fun despite the chaos! ... And those socks are beautiful! I love the colors - its kind of funny because I read your post yesterday right after I got home from Barnes and Noble where I bought Favorite Socks. In blogland it seems everyone is raving about this book, and when I saw it I decided I needed to start making more interesting socks. Its weird, because before I made any socks I thought, whats the big deal? They're socks, no one even sees them on your feet! But then I made a pair, and then another, and then another. Its addicting. And there is just something comforting about wearing socks you made. Its almost like having a secret or something. So I will make more! I do find it kind of ridiculous, though because sock yarn is SOOOO expenisive. I can go to the store and buy a pair of socks for $3, or I can spend $20 on yarn and two weeks making them.

So on to more exciting things... Here is the progress of my skirt. Slowly but surely, it is coming along. I think I finally have the pattern set & I think it will work. Molly, (and Jamie, too), if you want, I can figure out the pattern for you, it is actually pretty easy now that I have it figured out. When you are done with the lace & the eyelet part, stop knitting and give me this information:
1. The number of stitches on your needle when you are finished with the eyelet (I didn't have the number that it said I should have, but I didn't try to go back)
2. The length of what you have done (the lace and eyelet)
3. The total lenght you would like the skirt to be
4. The waist & hip you want
5. Your stitch gauge & your row gauge

I am also working on my first design project. Figuring out the skirt pattern made me decide that I could design something simple if I wanted. I saw this and had to have it, so I designed a pattern inspired by it. I am knitting on size 10s, so it is going fast. I am finished with one front side and just casted on for the other.

No comments: