Sunday, May 11, 2008

May Day Projects

First of all, It's FINALLY Spring here!!!

Second, I pulled out the sewing machine and the box of scrap fabric the other day, mostly out of boredom.... I granted myself 2 days off after a huge paper & presentation before starting to cram for finals... Here's what I came up with: A cute little skirt made out of a turquoise t-shirt, and the belt to a jacket I bought at Savers. The jacket looks better without the belt, and I just cut the shirt off at the armpits and sewed it right up to the belt, with a few tucks in the back (it fits a little funny but for the most part worked well). Pretty cute, but I'm not quite sure it is my style.
Next, I also came up with an apron out of a bunch of scrap fabric that I had.
I am going to give it to my friend Sarah for her birthday at the end of the month-- she's quite the baker, and I don't think she has an apron. Not bad for one evening's work!

1 comment:

Jill said...

i'm impressed. you're always so creative - the belt/tshirt/skirt- very clever. and the apron is adorable.