Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Despite the weekend starting out with having a root canal, it turned out to be pretty good. I didn't get most of the stuff done that I wanted, but hey, I'm not gonna worry about it! I did make a pillow for my bedroom:

I also (mostly) finished my Lelah top; all I have left to do is sew in the elastic. I'll post a picture as soon as I do that. I hope it fits. Its looking kinda large right now. I also worked on my red baby cardigan which really has become my nemesis because I keep screwing up the lace. I don't know what the problem is. Well, yes I do. Its probably not the best idea to try to knit lace and watch a subtitled movie at the same time. So I put that down and casted on for the Lace Surplice Top.

I don't have a TV and don't yet have a library card so that I can get books on cd... so I have really been getting into the podcasts lately. I couple I really like, in case you might be interested: Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour (bluegrass, folk, Americana, alt-country, blues, jazz; all acoustic. their motto is 'you don't have to be famous, you just have to be good. really good.), e-town (I use to listen to this radio show when I lived in Madison, but I haven't found a radio station that carries it since then... and its a great radio show). Non-music podcasts I like are Cast-On (knitting), This American Life finally has a free podcast (yay!), Terra (environmental stuff), and PRI's Living on Earth (stuff about living on earth). And Dad, you can access these by downloading itunes and going to the 'itunes store' and then searching podcasts for these. I know you would really enjoy the Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour. Check it out.
Have mom get you an ipod. :)

1 comment:

Molly said...

i like the pillow! show us the tank top! also-- i'm attempting a skirt out of the yarn you sent me. I don't know how it'll work. If I have enough yarn, it will be super cute. If I don't i will be very sad.