Saturday, May 17, 2008

Big Plans

Now that life has settled down a bit and I am getting into a routine again, the knitting queue is piling up. I have three tops that I want to make this summer: Lelah, the Aletia Shell from Spring 2008 Interweave Knits, and the Surplice Lace Top from Nashua Handknits. I am planning to use yarn from my stash, and actually I have started Lelah already:


I am using Lion Brand Cotton Ease (I really like this yarn!) in a color called 'taupe', but I think it is more of a 'coffee'. I am hoping that the bottom will be big enough... Right now it looks kind of small, but I am hoping it will stretch with blocking. It is lace, afterall.


I am also working on a red baby cardigan that I started a while back, but I keep messing up the lace pattern and I'm getting frustrated. It needs to be ripped right now, but I'm giving it a rest for now. The baby's not due until Aug. 6th, so I've got some time.


Otherwise, I have been keeping busy with getting unpacked and everything put away. I finally unpacked my last few boxes last night. I have plans this weekend for painting the kitchen, making kitchen curtains, and working in the garden. I bought a few more plants. Frazier got into the garden this week and dug up the squash plant, so I think it might be done-for. I'm not sure what his deal was. He's not usually a digger. But, I have tomatoes and green peppers on the way, as long as I can keep them alive.


My other plans include staying away from any thrift stores/flea markets/antique stores. You guys, these places are incredible. I could spend hours and a fortune in these places. I am use to Huntsville where you really have to dig for a treasure, but here they're everywhere. And reasonable prices, not necessarily cheap and not outrageously expensive, but within reason. Which is BAD. Because then I want to buy things. But I am practicing self control. Trying anyway...

No comments: