Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lelah

Pattern: Lelah
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease
Needles: US 8 & 9
Start: 5.14.08
Finish: 5.25.08
This turned out pretty nice. I didn't make the elastic at the top quite tight enough, which I could fix, but will I? I think instead I might make some cloth straps for this. I think I would wear it more if it had straps. I didn't really change much: I made it longer than the pattern, which I pretty much do with everything I make because I have a pretty long torso. I also forgot to put in the eyelet row where you were supposed to string a ribbon through for decoration. I think I like it better without anyway. All in all, it was a success. I wasn't sure towards the end - I thought it was going to be too big, but with blocking it turned out great. Its a really fun and pretty easy pattern. It would be a great first lace project.