Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tank Tops and Field Work


tank top
Originally uploaded by wickjill
I am finished with field work for the summer! Yeah! No more ticks, no more itching, no more thorns, no more sleeping in a sauna, no more stinky feet, no more stinky Matt, However, it also means no more days in the woods, no more life without TV and computer, no more knitting all afternoon because there isn't anything else to do, no more playing in the river, no more cooking only once a week but eating good the rest of the week (by far my favorite part of living in the field), no more listening to the coyotes as I fall asleep, no more waking up to the chuck-wills-widows. It also means time to enter data (yech), time to finish papers that are half-way done, time to start writing my thesis (scary). So I guess its a toss up. Being done has its good points and its bad points.

I finished this tank top about a week ago - the pattern is from the book One Skein by Leigh Radford. It was very quick and easy, and I used yarn I found at a thrift store. It was really weird yarn - each skein came in its own little bag and it turned out that it was actually two fingering-weight strands wound together. They weren't plied together, just wound in the skein together. Kind of peciular. But interesting.

I am actually just finishing up another top I knit - it will be a beach cover-up type thing. That is, if ever get to a beach again. Also a very fast knit. I'll show it to you soon, but I'm out to enjoy my weekend off!

No comments: