Thursday, June 21, 2007

The land of potatoes

I've never been to Idaho before, but from what I've seen, its really nice! The first couple of days I had quite a bit of free time because the workshop I attended was only a half day each day. So, I walked downtown and did a little shopping. Moscow has a really nice downtown area. I found the yarn shop, which was attached to a really nice quilt shop. I went in a few other shops and ate lunch at a little cafe. Yesterday after my class I went to the University of Idaho Arboretum to eat my lunch, knit a little, and wander around. Very relaxing... The weather has been awesome - highs in the 80s and no humidity. As if I neede to be reminded about how miserable summer in Alabama is.

On the knitting end, I am working on my first piece of lace.... it is the Swallowtail Shawl from Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. I saw this picture and I had to try to make one. So far its been going well - its not too hard. The yarn I am using I got at the Needle Nook here in Moscow, ID and is from a local alpaca farm called Top of the Hill Alpacas. I love it. I love the color, how it feels and how it is knitting up. I could eat it up. ..and it's not too expensive for alpaca.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Beautiful!!!!!! The Shawl and Idaho....Idaho was in the running for a new place to live for us. Where we wanted to go was pretty far north and far from an airport. I'm glad you are having a fun time. Enjoy your vacay and don't forget sunscreen. HUGS!