Saturday, June 2, 2007

We're here!

Hi girls,
Just a quick post to say hi, and that we're at our new home. I wanted to send you some picures to chronicle our trip across the miles of this beautiful nation. First, I'd like to say how beautiful Wisconsin and Minnesota are. I'm sure we didn't see the most beautiful portions from I-90, but nonetheless, I'm now very interested in exploring this part of the country. We had a nice drive, Fleece and Flannel have really proven themselves as little road warriors. Some pics:












I realize this collage is a little unorganized, but I'll do my best to narrate: from top right, clockwise, My dad with the kittens in Martinsburg before leaving. He is trying his best to encourage leash training, the Raggedy Ann my Mom made me to help me feel at home in Nevada, Open range of Wyoming, Badlands, Rock formation near I-90 in Wisconsin (Molly, maybe you know what this is), completed cable rib socks, Log cabin I finished right before leaving, the same cable rib socks wip, the "FIBs" coming back from Wisconsin returning to Chicago, Buffalo Gap national Grassland, Mt. Rushmore, Entrance to Wind Cave National Park, Bison bison (scientific name), Fleece climbing tree in Nevada, and Carrie and Jess helping pack the Civic in Martinsburg. So, that's what we've been up to. I promise to post more soon. I have really made some great progress on the skirt, so I'll post on that soon. Jill, the yarn you dyed for my Mom has inspired her to learn to knit socks. She's very excited about it and the yarn is beautiful. You should consider selling it! I'd invest in your company.

Hope you are both doing well. Keep you posted!
Hugs
Jamie

No comments: