Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Everything Under the Sun Socks


Sockapalooza sock
Originally uploaded by wickjill

I finished my first sock for my sock pal - and I really like how it turned out. At first, I didn't know how the pattern (Go with the Flow from Favorite Socks) and the yarn (Koigu) were going to go together. And I didn't know if I really liked the yarn that much after all. It seemed too pink. But now that I have one knit up, I really like it. All the colors pop for me, especially the yellow. I like that. I'm calling them Everything Under the Sun, because the yarn has every color under the sun in it. My pal has bigger feet than me, so I hope that they fit her. The rib pattern seems to stretch a lot, so I think they will.


Check out the new addition to the puppy family:


We found him on the side of the road, just about to get hit by a log truck. Its so sad how people just dump dogs out here. I don't understand it at all... I mean, look at that face! How could you just dump that on the side of the road?! Anyway, we picked him up, picked the ticks off of him, gave him a bath, and loved him up a bit. He's adorable, and snuggly, and curious, and all the other things cute little puppies should be. I think Matt & Rachel are going to keep him, as long as we don't see any signs around town that someone is looking for him. There aren't any houses near where we found him and since he was on the road, I'm pretty sure someone dumped him there (we put the collar on him). Oh, and by the way, he told us his name is Jed. So we're calling him Jed.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Love the socks and am glad that Jed found you!

Jamie said...

Jills,
I love Jed....I wish we were closer, we'd adopt him! Also, loving the socks AND the new face of the blog. I've been crazy busy with work and packing (for the next month or so I'll be working full time training). But, I'll be sure to check in frequently.
Hugs to you bill and jed.

LaVerna said...

Aww how sweet!And the sock is gorgeous too!

T said...

The socks turned out great! You may want to keep a close eye on Jed when he's out. Beagles tend to follow their nose to the extent of all else and end up wandering farther than you would ever think they could. My poor hubby has followed, chased, tackled, cursed and carried home ours more than a few times.