Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pattern: toast
Yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino
Needle: US 7
Start: December 16, 2008
Finish: December 21, 2008


This yarn is amazing. I got it for Christmas last year (Thanks, Jamie!) and it has just been chillin while I wondered what it should be. Every now and then I would take it out and pet it because it is incredibly soft and fuzzy and squishy. I saw the pattern for toast online and thought that the two would be a perfect match. And it was. The pattern, of course, is incredibly simple - just a tube, but I love simplicity, especially when paired with gorgeous yarn. I didn't make thumb holes because I wanted to be able to just push them up my arm if I wanted to. And I do actually wear these... I have a lot of shirts with 3/4-length sleeves and when I wear them I sometimes get a bit chilly. But now I have something to keep my arms warm!

The armwarmers only used one skein of the yarn and I had two, so I made a matching cowl with the other skein of yarn:


No comments: