Thursday, January 8, 2009

One and Only Christmas Gift

I only made one Christmas gift this year - these linen placemats for my brother. They are very simple double crochet rectangles. I started these in the airport on the way home on December 22. I finished the second one Christmas afternoon. My hand really hurt; it is not use to so much crocheting. But I really like how they turned out - they are small placemats because my brother has a small, round kitchen table so thats what works on his table. The yarn is Berrocco NaturLin. The two placemats took three skeins of beige and one skein of blue. I had a little left over which I crochet in to a little circular coaster, but I didn't get a photo it, so you'll just have to use your imagination!
Molly made the scones for Christmas breakfast. She is the best scone-maker I know.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Man! You girls are crafting your butts off....I've got to catch up. Nice work all around!