Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mystery Solved and Decisions Made


Pattern: Mystery Socks by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM
Needle: US 2
Start: October 7, 2008
Finish: November 11, 2008

I made these socks not knowing what they would look like in the end; they were 'mystery socks'. A designer (Kirsten at Through the Loops) posted a part of the pattern once a week for the month of October. It was a fun project and I tried to keep up with the weekly 'clues', but of course, I got distracted. I always do. They turned out nice - a little fancy for my taste, but it was a fun to watch the pattern appear as I knit along. They will find a good home, I'm sure.

And since I know you all were really worried about my brown dilemma, here's what I came up with (and thanks for the suggestions!): start one project with fun bright colors and start one project in brown.


So, I am making some of those fingerless mitts with the flop-over mitten thing in Noro (like these):


still havethe flop-over part to do

And I am making a vest with one of the browns. I am making up a pattern as I go, so we'll see how it turns out. It will be a zip-up vest; I am aiming for something like this . This is what I've got so far:

1 comment:

Jamie said...

love the sox! They are fancy, but I like em. I've been in knit-no-mans-land....still finishing 2 more squares, then moving on to assembly. House-looking has taken over a significant amount of time and soon it will be house-improving....blah!
Hope you girls are doing well. I'm sorry I didn't have a suggestion for the dilemma...I thought about many but didn't have time!