Monday, November 10, 2008

Brown

I have a problem: too much brown. I look in my closet and see lots of brown, especially in the sweater department. I decide I want to make a sweater, something in blue. Or maybe green. Or red. I take a look at my yarn stash. This is what I have in quantities large enough for a sweater:cream. tan. brown. brown.

When did I become so boring (no need to answer, Molly)? Ugh. I am trying so hard to be good and use up the yarn I have. But its all so blech. See, the thing is... I am always drawn to the natural colors of yarn, but that's not necessarily what I wear. I mean, I can only wear so many brown things.

So whats a girl to do?

3 comments:

Molly said...

What about going to your local yarn store and purchasing just one (or two) colorful skeins of the same kind of one of your brown stashes, and making something that is brown AND colorful? Stripes? An argyle band around the neck or waist? A fair Isle band? I am always a big fan of a very tame, natural color paired with another bright, bold color....

think, Jill's turquoise and brown striped sweater....

Michelle said...

A rug? Or possibly an army of knitted animals that can be staged in various scenes around your apartment? Oh the possibilities... :)

nwick said...

Knit Something for your Dad