Sunday, September 7, 2008

Winter sweater in the middle of summer



Pattern: Skating Sweater
Yarn: Rowan Big Wool
Needle: US 17
Start: February 2, 2008
Finish: August 24, 2008

I started this sweater way back in February, knit about two inches and put it aside. I picked it up again a few weeks ago and finished it in less than a week... Knitting on size 17s goes fast! I had originally made a different sweater (Venus) with this yarn, but I didn't like how that sweater fit and I never wore it because it was impracticle - 3/4 sleeves in heavy wool just doesn't work. So I ripped it and knit this with the yarn. Anyway, I like this sweater much better; it is really comfortable and soft. And its gonna be really warm! I think I will wear it quite a bit.

I pretty much knit it as in the pattern; however I lengthened it by about 3 inches and widened the sleeves by 6 stitches. Even with that modification, the sleeves are still pretty tight. And I have rather stick-like sleeves.


*****


Molly and I went with a couple friends to Chaco Culture National Historic Site yesterday. It was an amazing place to visit and we are excited to go back again this fall when it is a bit cooler and we can stay overnight. It is in the middle of nowhere (~75 miles from the nearest town), so the night sky is supposed to be amazing. There are more pictures on my Flickr, if you're interested.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love the sweater!! That color looks great on you.