Monday, September 15, 2008

Love.

Pattern: Lace Surplice Top by Gayle Bunn
Source: Nashua Handknits: North American Designer Collection #4
Yarn: Nashua Ecologie Cotton
Needle: US 3 & 4
Start: May 25, 2008
Finish: September 13, 2008
This turned out awesome. I had some problems along the way, but it turned out great. I love it. Its my new favorite knit. I had gauge issues in the beginning, but once I worked those out, it was pretty smooth sailing. Until I ran out of yarn. Because of the gauge issues, I ended up knitting this on size 4 needles instead of the reccommended size 6. And I added 3 pattern repeats in the body; both of those resulted in using more yarn than called for. I didn't have enough to make sleeves for the top, so I ended up making it a sleeveless top, which worked out just fine. I have worn this twice already and I LOVE it. It fits perfectly, is really flattering, and is comfortable! It is definatly a winner.

Molly and I are going to the local yarn store and to a knitting club tonight. I told her to recruit some people for a knitting club and she produced. All she had to do was wear her sweater to school one day. A girl in her office noticed, asked if she knitted it, and informed her of a new knitting club she was starting. So tonight is the first meeting and we're both pretty happy about it :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Adorable! That turned out so cute!

Have fun at knitting club; oh how I miss the Yarn Balls.

Jamie said...

sweet tank. that thing's awesome.