Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tid Bits

I made a couple little Valentine's gifts this year... these mitts for Molly. I've always thought that fingerless mittens were rather silly, and I guess I still do (especially in Minneapolis), but for some reason I really thought these were cute, and I had the yarn (Rowan Felted Tweed) in my stash, so I whipped them up and sent them out. I think they were well received.

And then another cowl, this one for my Mumsie. I am always hearing about how cold her room is at school, so I figured this was definately the answer. It was another stash-busting project, made with ancient Lion Brand Wool-Ease (and by ancient, I mean a couple years). The verdict: cute & warm. Fashionable and functional - always my ultimate goal.
My KAL II sweater is coming along... I'm about 5 inches into the pattern on the body. Its going super quick! I hear Molly is already onto the sleeves! How is yours coming, Jamie?

3 comments:

Molly said...

they really are perfect... my hands are always cold, especially in my house, and in class, so these are perfect since i can still write and take notes because they dont constrain my fingers but they make a huge difference in keeping my hands warm! Plus, they are really cute and all my friends now want me to make them some... :) Thanks!

Molly said...

... and the rumor is true, i am on the sleeves. Surprisingly, I had to make the body a lot longer than the measurement they suggest from the armpits... I'm short so that doesn't make sense, but be prepared. But its fast; the first time i measured i was already way past what they suggest. My goal is to have it done before i get back to school... flights and airports are great for knitting right? Uuum too bad i wont be able to wear it in austin... But i will wear the last KAL!!! :)

Jamie said...

Hey girls,
Sorry for the delay...I'm still on the yoke. We've had visitors for the last 10 days and while it's been wonderful, I haven't done much but visit, ski, cook and clean. I'm hoping to get back on track this weekend, and I definitely want to finish before the end of March because my in-laws just emailed me and have booked a trip to come visit from April 1-21....pray for me! Hope you both are well, and cool stash-killers....I love both the cowl and the gloves. Cheers!