Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sneak Preview

Here's a sneak at what I've been working on....

Like how it looks like i might be done? i'm not. Good news! I was admitted to the graduate program at UT Austin with full support of a research assistantship! And they're flying me there to visit at the end of February! Pretty amazing. I'm still waiting to hear from the other 5 schools (Oregon, Oregon State, U New Mexico, U South Carolina, & U Missouri) To celebrate, I am procrastinating....


Which included the creation this afternoon of this vanilla-almond sour cream pound cake. After major lessons learned on my behalf about the concept of bunt cake pans, it turned out gorgeous, and I only sacrificed about a fifth of the batter to the bottom of the oven, and the kitchen only stank too bad for a half hour......

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats...I hear that Austin is a super cool place to live (and will be even more so if you move there) with lots to do. The sweater looks great....I'll ask you the same question I asked Jill....when you removed your sleeves, did you knit across the sleeves, then remove or remove sleeve and then rejoin yarn? The first choice seems more intuitive to me, but I'm not sure.....

Molly said...

i removed the sleeves and then rejoined the yarn but I'd imagine you could do it either way....

Jill said...

lookin good. hey maybe i'll join you in austin.