Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lone Stars

Molly & I had a fantastic time in Austin...we could definately live there, but if I did, I would probably spend way too much money and eat way too many beans. So, I'm still not sure...
Most of our weekend was spent doing one of the following things:

Thrifting and vintage shopping,
My vintage treasures: super-cool red shoes,
interesting alarm clock, embroidered dress,
green and yellow fabric.
consuming delicious pasteries, coffee, and various entrees containing tortillas or black beans (or both),

and hangin out with Hillary and Barak.
While we did manage to find an absolutely devine (and incredibly large) yarn store, which was in fact a bit overwhelming, we spent no time knitting. Molly brought her KAL II sweater along & I tried it on... fit perfectly, so I measured it... 14" across at the bust. Mine is 17". Not good. So, I tried mine on when I got home and indeed, it is much too large. So, I must rip back and start again from the cowl. Ahhhh... well, I'm glad I figured it out now & not later, but I think it might be spring before I finish it! I am also working on some blue cabled socks. The yarn is Kollage Lucious, a cotton sock yarn I've had for a while. And last night, instead of doing school work, like I should have, or working on the sweater, or even working on the sock, I decided to cast on for two (yes, two) new projects. I have determined that cast-on-itis is a definate side effect of me being too stressed out. And so I shall end this post and get back to the work at hand (only ONE MONTH left. help.)
Oh, and I uploaded some more pictures from our trip to my flickr account if anyone is interested.

1 comment:

Molly said...

thanks a lot jill.... by dont post that on facebook, i meant to say "dont post that anywhere"

"do what i mean, not what i say!"

.....i'll get you back.